Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Seeing Red

  If you didn't already know, the three cats and I made it alive to Paris!  The cats are slowly getting used to the new (much smaller) place.  They seem to like it though and have already found some favorite napping spots.  So having said that, lets talk about me!

  I was going to write about selling the house and then I got cut in line on several different occasions here in France, but then I started cleaning the apartment.  This place is Dirty (note the capital "D")!  I actually have several different theories about the guy that lived here last.  I'm speculating it is a guy by the amount of pee stains I scrubbed off the bathroom wall.  I'm not saying it couldn't be a woman, but she would have worked really hard.  My theories about the previous tenant stem from the amount of red streaks I've been scrubbing off everything.  Here there are in no particular order:

1) The guy had a super ambitious rouge toddler who was left alone with a red crayon.  Now, this was my favorite theory first until I kept running across red streaks that were near impossible for me to reach, even standing on a chair.  Granted, I may not be very tall, but I like to think that I am taller than most toddlers out there.  So, either this kid had amazing leaping capabilities, a ladder, or this just isn't' a plausible theory.

2)  I've just unwittingly became an accessory after the fact by cleaning up a crime scene, if not multiple ones.  I don't watch enough CSI to know what dried up blood stains that have been half cleaned look like, but I feel like what's on the walls could be close.  It seems like the guy started cleaning the red streaks, found it to hard, and stopped.  Then, he realized that he was horrible at cleaning, but quite skilled at making a mess.  In turn, he made a bigger mess of said crime scene in order to disguise the evidence.  Nicely played.

3)  This may sound like the silliest theory yet (wait, sillier than #2?), but it is currently my favorite.  The guy that lived here before...wait for it...wore a ring made out of red wax.  It has to be true!  I'm sure they make them.  I really don't know how else to explain the copious amounts of red streaks.

  Feel free to conjecture, unfortunately I am in a current state of disarray since our air shipment just arrived as well or I would post mysterious red streak pictures.  Stay clean!

~ L

8 comments:

  1. candle wax maybe? :) those Mr. Clean magic erasers work great FYI... Hope you guys are having a great day!
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shipped some Magic Erasers, now I just need to find them somewhere amidst the stacks! I'm going to need them and a bleach pen for the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I betcha it was one of those helicopters....had red rotors!!! Am i right??? Do i win a prize???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I find a red helicopter, it shall be your prize!

      Delete
  4. lol, these are all amusing. But I'm pretty sure dried bloodstains turn to a brown color. So I think that theory is out. -Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of them are red wax, but I think a few have actually been blood...not cool dude.

      Delete
  5. Monsieur Clean Eraser Magique should do the trick! Maybe red nail polish and wild romps in the middle of the night? - Mike C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just from the odd places I find the red marks, it would be super creative wild romps...good for them though ;)

      Delete